There are 10 simple rules to maintaining your uniforms:
- Ensure the area where you store the laundered uniforms has good air circulation
- Ensure the laundry you use is using the correct chemicals & is following the care instructions on all garments carefully.
- Ensure that garments are not too closely hung together - ensure at least 1 fingers space between each and that they are hung on correctly shaped hangers - without this point 1 has no value.
- Ensure full rotation of uniforms - if an employee has 3 uniforms ensure he or she wears them in rotation & not always the same one every day.
- Pockets, lapels, collars & shoulders of jackets should be brushed regularly - especially if they are not being worn.
- Never rub a stain. Gently dab the stain in order not to make the fabric pill.
- Creased uniforms will recover better in a humid environment. If not available vaporize them lightly with water.
- Ensure no garment is ever stored without laundering first.
- Ensure your staff do not wear the same uniform for too long. The fibers & shape of the garment need to rest.
- Ensure the hygiene of all employees before allowing them to wear their uniforms.
Each garment comes with clear & easy to follow care instructions, this information is mandatory if you wish your uniforms to last & more importantly to look as good as the day you bought them.